Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pace yourself.



In the winter, we dream of popsicle summers and colorful kaftans. Come summer, we plan our winter wardrobes. A mesmerizing coat we find in a magazine jump-starts random thoughts of a chocolat-chaud-full winter. Even the magazines we read are ahead of us by a month. We're surrounded by pre-fall collections hitting boutiques starting on a scorching day in July. Why can't we simply live the moment? Leave the summer for the summer, and winter for the winter? Easier said than done (unless you have super resistance powers of which I would like some thank you very much). Its too hard to resist all these beautiful winter pieces. But the thought of even trying on winter clothes during midsummer is horrific. Let's enjoy cool popsicles in the heat for now and worry about winter when it comes - if it ever does decently lol!

I wrote this post after reading Garrance Dore's "Some like it hot" post. Totally made me laugh out loud! So true, I've always wondered why we were always so ahead of ourselves.

So if there is one thing you learned today, let it be this piece of advice: pace and immerse yourself in the moment.

Ta ta x

N.

To read Garrance's article, click here.

3 comments:

Emaratioryx said...

Thanks for the great advice,, It always happens to me, and then I get struck by lighting (drama) when reality hits.

- F said...

"In the winter, we dream of popsicle summers and colorful kaftans. Come summer, we plan our winter wardrobes. "

Hhaha so true. I guess we always want a new season to get a new wardrobe!

xoxo

F

Alya said...

I like it hot too! I can't shop for winter clothing during the summer. It makes me feel even hotter!

Fashion is great, but its getting too quick too! I mean, come September, we know what we're going to be wearing next summer of 2010!